HOW TO TELL IF YOUR VINTAGE MOSCHINO BELT IS FAKE
Probably the most replicated Moschino pieces are accessories and we see a lot of fake Moschino belts on eBay, often selling for more or the same as real ones. Modern Moschino belts are made differently but still use the same width and font. Moschino also still make the ‘Love Moschino’ belt, but here the font is in correct.
Description of a real Moschino belt.
- REDWALL Made in Italy - Embossed on the back every letter, capitalised exactly as written
- In a row you will see Serial Number - 401020 then the Redwall logo in a square, with Moschino under it and then ALL GENUINE LEATHER, either embossed or foil print. We have had a few belts where this had worn away
- Only the M and O should be fixed with screws
- The font should be exactly the same as the registered Moschino logo, some belts may have a different S, some have a straight bar and some a curved
- Made from real leather, this should feel soft and can come in various colours and textures.
- Pointed on the buckle end next to the O and flat with slight rounded corners on the right end, there is also a version with a buckle.
- The N and S can often be put on upside down by mistake, as the letters can be removed for cleaning the leather.
- The belts width should be 3.5 cm
- Soft light brown leather on the reverse
- 3 double holes punched in, more could have been added